Neighborhood Services Division
The unit's primary objectives are to establish a bond between the community and the police department, to facilitate communications between the community and the police department, to make a positive impact in the community by reducing neighborhood crime, to reduce the fear of crime, and to enhance the quality of life of our community. These objectives are met in several ways by working groups of all ages. The following is a list of some of the programs / activities the in which the unit is involved:
- Visiting daycares and talking to the students about Police Officers.
- Child ID and fingerprinting.
- Teaching and reinforcing bicycle safety.
- Teaching gun safety.
- Establishing and maintaining neighborhood watch programs.
- Crime Stoppers.
- Christmas with teh Cops and Friends
- National Night Out
- COPS and Kids
This is just a sampling of the activities /programs the C.A.N.S. unit offers. They provide programs to meet most any need or request.
You'll see the C.A.N.S. unit actively involved in activities throughout the city and around the county informing and educating. Please say hello, we look forward to seeing you.