Opening a New Account & Billing Information
Opening a New Account
The City of Lynn Haven provides water, sewer, and garbage pick-up to its residential and commercial customers. New accounts for services may be opened from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
If requesting same day activation of services, new accounts must be opened before 3:00 pm.
To establish services, visit us in the Utility Billing Department and provide the following required items:
- A current driver’s license (or state issued picture ID) and a social security number for each account holder.
- A completed New Account Service Form. (Form available for download at bottom of page)
- $100.00 deposit (Refundable see below).
- $50.00 connection fee (non-refundable) per meter inside the city limits, or $62.50 per meter outside the city limits.
- If renting, a copy of the lease agreement or deposit-hold form is required.
The City of Lynn Haven has two billing cycles.
East Side Bills – Addresses on the east side of Ohio Avenue/Highway 77 will be mailed on the 15th of each month, and will be past due after the 30th of the month.
West Side Bills – Addresses on the west side of Ohio Avenue/Highway 77 will be mailed on the 1st of each month, and will be past due after the 15th of the month.
A 10% penalty is applied to past due balances. The City shall not be responsible for lost bills, or bills not delivered in a timely manner.
- In person – We accept cash, checks, money orders, or Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Credit/debit card holders must present proper ID.
- By mail – Send checks to 825 Ohio Avenue, Lynn Haven, FL 32444 and payable to the “City of Lynn Haven”.
- Night Drop Box – Only payments by check or money order (no cash) may be dropped in the box located in the alley between City Hall and the City Hall Annex. The City will not be responsible for the loss of cash payments left in the box.
- Automatic Bank Draft (EFT) – This option withdraws the billed amount due on your utility bill directly from your bank account each month. It’s simple, convenient, and free. (Form available for download at bottom of page)
- By phone – for automated telephone payment service, simply dial 1-855-748-3083 (toll free) and follow instructions.
- Online – Click on “Make a payment” and follow instructions.
Please note for Phone and Online payments:
The City of Lynn Haven has partnered with Paymentus, and now offers payments by phone and online service to pay your utility bills.
Account balances are not updated on a daily basis. If you have any questions reading your balance, please contact a Customer Service Representative at (850)-265-2121.
All payments made with Paymentus will process to your utility account the next business day if payment is made before 7:00 p.m. CST.
If your service has been disconnected or is due to be disconnected, you will need to speak to a Customer Service Representative at (850)-265-2121 before using the online or automated phone payment options.
If you wish to speak with Paymentus directly, please call their Call Center at 1-800-420-1663. You may email your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After 48 months of service, any account with a good payment history throughout the entire period (no late payments) will receive a full refund. Any deposit not refunded will be applied to the final bill when the account is closed. The remaining deposit balance, if any, will be refunded to the customer.
The City grants a discounted rate on the garbage portion of the utility bill for qualifying senior citizens. Seniors must be at least 65 years of age, must have proper identification, must have no more than two people living in the household, and must not have more than one garbage can. To apply for the Senior Discount, visit us at the Utility Billing Department at City Hall.
Discontinuance of Services for Nonpayment
The City may issue an Order of Discontinuance of Services to turn off the water to any premises for each bill that remains unpaid by a certain date. When services are ordered to be disconnected for nonpayment, all current charges, all past due charges, and all fees become due to include a $30.00 service charge. All amounts due must be paid in full to reestablish services. Services will be restored during normal business hours only.