What do I do if I have a sewer stop up?

Call a plumber, they will determine if the problem is on the City side or the customer side of the line. From the tie in at the street sewer line (including the tie in) to and throughout the house is the homeowner’s responsibility.

If the blockage is on the customer side, the customer is responsible for all repair and maintenance cost. If the plumber determines the problem is with the City’s sewer line contact the Public Utility department at 850-265-0087 Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. If it's after business hours, call 850-265-1112.

The following will apply after you call:

  • Staff on call will then respond unstopping the line.
  • Plumber will need to be on site when staff responds, or you will need to be able to provide the name and number of the plumber who serviced the call.
  • The City will pay up to and not exceed 1-hour labor charge for the plumbers’ service call determining the blockage to be a City issue once verified by City staff.
  • Invoices should be directed to the City and residents should not be charged for plumber’s time unless additional work is agreed upon by the plumber and resident.
  • Invoices are subject to verification and a 30-day processing time.

Show All Answers

1. How do I test for a water leak?
2. What do I do if I have a water leak?
3. What do I do if I have a sewer stop up?
4. Boil Water Notice FAQ